Though there were somewhat mixed reviews, audiences seemed to love the Star Wars franchise’s first spin-off film, and Rogue One: A Star Wars Story certainly helped move momentum going into next December’s release of Star Wars VIII. Coinciding with recent news about the Han Solo film, the release of the home versions of the Felicity Jones vehicle has now hit.
The Blu-Ray release will hit stores on April 4th, loaded with bonus features, though there will apparently be some “by outlet” differences in the list of bonuses. Also, as is becoming the norm, those looking for it on Digital HD get a bit of a head start, with the film hitting
As you might expect, the release will be loaded with extras, including some that are really going to make fans happy. Especially interesting are deeper looks at K-2SO, Baze & Chirrut, and The Empire itself.
Take a look at all the bonuses below, and check out the new trailer for the release.
Experience Rogue One: A Star Wars Story again — and go behind the scenes with a galaxy of bonus features — when the thrilling tale of rebellion comes home on Digital HD (March 24) and Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray, DVD, and On-Demand (April 4).
Bonus features include*:
- A Rogue Idea – Hear how ILM’s John Knoll came up with the movie’s concept – and why it’s the right film to launch the Star Wars stand-alone films.
- Jyn: The Rebel – Get to know Rogue One’s defiant, resourceful survivor, and hear what it was like for Felicity Jones to bring her to life onscreen.
- Cassian: The Spy – Diego Luna shares insights into his complex, driven character, who becomes a hero through selflessness, perseverance and passion.
- K-2SO: The Droid – Explore the development of this reprogrammed Imperial droid, from initial pitch and character design through Alan Tudyk’s performance.
- Baze & Chirrut: Guardians of the Whills – Go deeper into the relationship between these two very different characters, with Chinese superstars Jiang Wen and Donnie Yen.
- Bodhi & Saw: The Pilot & The Revolutionary – Forest Whitaker and Riz Ahmed reflect on Saw Gerrera, the broken Rebel leader, and Bodhi Rook, the Imperial pilot who defects.
- The Empire – Meet a dangerous new Imperial adversary…and cross paths once more with the most iconic villain of all time.
- Visions of Hope: The Look of “Rogue One” – The filmmakers describe the challenges and thrills of developing a bold new look for the movie that can fit within the world of the original trilogy.
- The Princess & The Governor – See what it took to bring the vibrant young princess of “Star Wars: A New Hope” – as well as one of her most memorable foes– – back to the screen.
- Epilogue: The Story Continues – Filmmakers and cast celebrate Rogue One’s premiere and look forward into the future, to the Star Wars stories yet to be told.
- Rogue Connections – Uncover Easter eggs and film facts hidden throughout the movie that connect “Rogue One” to the Star Wars universe.
* Digital bonus offerings may vary by retailer.